Ever go to places and they offer you the house balsamic dressing?! It’s one of my favorites to try and rarely am I disappointed. I love love love homemade balsamic dressing.
Unfortunately, this pregnancy has made me very particular about what I’d like to eat and salads that have balsamic dressing aren’t one of them :-(.
Since all I’ve lately wanted is Panera’s Fuji Apple Chicken Salad I’ve decided to make it myself and indulge it in the comfort of my couch as much as I’d like. I will provide you with everything I could remember the salad has and a perfect dressing recipe I found online that have become obsessed with! (Watch it be the worst thing I’ve tried once this baby pops out >.<)
Ok here’s what I have ready in the salad before mixing the dressing in:
- Grilled Chicken – as much as you like! I sometimes opt this out of it since I’m not crazy about chicken
- Fresh mixed greens
- Diced Tomatoes – I prefer firm tomatoes and cut them in large cubes
- Dried Cranberries
- Honey Roasted Pecans
- Pasteurized Feta Cheese – make sure it’s pasteurized if your pregnant!
- Thinly sliced red onions – I usually give mine to Markus’ portion since I’m not too crazy about them in my salad
- Apple Chips or Fresh sliced Fuji apples – I like the crunch of the chips along with the fresh fruit so I sneak in both (don’t judge meeee)
Set aside and get ready to create something delicious that will make your heart very happy!
In a large bowl mix these together:
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Golden Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Honey